Friday, March 16, 2007

Anxiety & Trust


How we get consumed by anxiety! Why do we have this need to keep in touch? We grow to like someone even if it is a mere momentary run-in-to. At the back of our heads we see some kind of hope to be connected to them, near or far. Once we get a hold of the person, it is hard to let go, even harder when we get ignored. It’s like the more we are ignored, the more insecure we become and then we try even harder to figure things out. We try to understand why or what has gone wrong. Whether if we were used or misunderstood or hated or maybe not very likable. The more we try to better something the more mistakes we feel we’re making. Such painful unnecessary worry! The one who has the power must show compassion. The empowered one should explain and be direct. Not leave someone guessing nor give unsettling lame excuses like “I’ve been busy”. If we cannot commit anymore, we should admit it than to leave someone’s life hanging in a land of drought and wicked dust.

The trust issue:

How much do you trust a stranger? Can you trust a stranger? Is this stranger a big bad wolf? Is there a possibility for friendship? Is there a possibility for relationship? How should I pursue it? Will it be too much or overtly friendly? Will I appear foolish? Will I be hurt? How will we relate to each other? Should I give this much away? Is it safe for me to share this much? Will I be appreciated? Am I understood? Is he/she sincere? Why does he/she enjoy being with me? What does he/she wants from me? What can I not say? How should I phrase my sentences? Am I losing myself? How to think straight now? Do good people still exist? Will I be kidnapped? Will I be murdered? What will my parents say? At what point does friendliness end and flirtation began? Should I give my actual name, number and address? Is he/she telling the truth? How do I test a stranger? How do I meet a stranger?

No comments: